As noted by the Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Raleigh was ranked #2 Most Active Market for New Home Sales (Raleigh, NC) by CoreLogic in May!
Due to expansion in the tech and biotech industries, new and existing home sales have risen. In addition, the Triangle area has shown to be a haven for creative markets, start up businesses, and open office spaces, driving more people to the area.
With new industries booming, people are eager to move into the area, leading to a boom in home sales and purchases in the area.
Finding a new residential house can be an overwhelming process, especially when there are so many niche communities in the Triangle area. To ensure the smoothest process to buying your new home, check out these tips:
1. Research before you look. Internet site such as Zillow can provide house, community, and value information so you don’t waste your time. Many of these sites allow you to take advantage of the latest data collections to provide you with a full scope of the home including photographs, community activities, local school rankings, neighboring property valuations, and historical data such as property tax information.
2. Get specific about what you’re looking for. Do you need a home close to a bus stop or are you looking for a place outside of the city limits? Narrowing down your search will help you focus on homes for your needs. Working with a realtor will help you along the way. Ask me for a referral to a realtor I would work with if I were buying a home.
3. Visit a neighborhood at different times of the day or days of the week. Get a feel for the energy and amenities in the community. Are neighbors walking their dogs or out with families? Do they stay to themselves.
4. Gathering your finances. Putting your finances in order will prevent roadblocks along the way. Research financing options before stepping into an open house, so you can make an offer you know you can make confidently with a preapproval letter in hand.
5. Think long term. Many times, we are looking for a house because we want to make a change now. But what about the long-term. Will you be expanding your family? Is there a possibility a relative could become a permanent houseguest?
The time you spend researching, gathering information and putting your finances together reduces stress when searching for and purchasing a new home.
This summer is the perfect time to discover your new home!
The David M. Damaré Team is here to answer your questions about financing options and mortgages.
“Mortgage Lending is Our Business: Customer Service is Our Passion.”
Stay tuned and stay in touch with your mortgage professional. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Raleigh Mortgage Man, NC Mortgage Man, Triangle Mortgage Man, Triangle Mortgage Expert all owned and licensed by David M. Damare’. All rights reserved.Tags: how to find a new home, new home sales, residential home sales, residential real estate